The Board of Directors of the Laughlin Memorial Library (Ambridge, PA) is seeking a Library Director who is enthusiastic, eager to meet an exciting new challenge, and has an entrepreneurial mindset to help move and expand an established institution through the 21st century.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Library Director develops, administers, supervises and coordinates the work of the library and staff, performs managerial duties related to personnel, budget, collection development, library automations and information technologies, building maintenance, and library operations and services in conformity with the policies established by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor's degree plus 12 credit hours of library science required. Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited school preferred. The applicant should have a working knowledge of library administration, technology, budget administration, grant writing, fundraising, community marketing and relations as well as staff management.
- Salary: $36,000 - $45,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Resume, cover letter, a list of professional references and salary requirements may be sent to:
Laughlin Memorial Library Search Committee
Laughlin Memorial Library
99 Eleventh Street
Ambridge, PA 15003
An email with attachments may be sent to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is June 24, 2014.
Children's Library Assistant
The B. F. Jones Memorial Library is hiring a part-time Children's Library Assistant. This position is part-time, week days, evenings, and weekends, 20-25 hours/week.
- work at the circulation desk
- shelve books
- prepare and lead story time programs
- prepare and lead arts and crafts programs
- deliver outreach story time programs to day care centers and day camps
- help patrons with basic computer questions
- attach records in the Millennium Integrated Library System
- other library functions
Pay is $8.50/hour.
Please email resume to Children's Librarian Sue Ann Curtis firstname.lastname@example.org