POSITION: Part-time Library Associate - Adult Services
Baden Memorial Library Job Opportunity
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with children and the public is required
- Knowledgeable about books
- Experience working in a library is desirable.
- Computer literacy, with experience using Microsoft Word.
- Child Abuse History and Criminal History Clearances are needed.
Sample Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality customer service to the public.
- Plan and implement adult programs, activities, and outreach.
- Use the Library computer system to check library materials in and out, place and fill holds, and register borrowers.
- Shelve, file, and retrieve library materials.
- Cooperate as a team member with other staff; assist the Director as assigned
- Community Outreach
- Prepare Library fliers and posters, handle correspondence and compile statistics.
- Represent the Library at community events.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate:
- Ability to work cheerfully with the public and provide excellent customer service.
- Patience in dealing with the public of all ages
- Ability to work evenings and week-ends.
- Ability to think and work independently.
- Ability to adapt easily to a quickly changing environment.
- Ability to answer the telephone, direct calls and take accurate messages.
- Ability to stand and/or sit at a computer workstation for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend and stoop to reach bottom shelves
- Ability to stand on a step stool to reach tall shelves.
- Ability to lift and carry 15 to 20 pounds and move a heavily loaded book cart.
WAGE RATE: $8/hour.
WORK SCHEDULE: 7-15 hours/week: Morning and evening hours with alternating Saturdays. 3 month probationary period.
To apply, please e-mail resume to Bernie McKean, Library Director, at
Monday & Wednesday: 9:00 - 5:00
Tuesday & Thursday: 12:00 - 7:00
Saturdays: 9:00 - 4:00